Whenever and wherever the band appears in public we are representatives of the entire music program at Century High School, the school itself, and anyone who is associated with this great school. Whether in uniform or out, at a performance or a practice, members of the Century High School Band Program conduct themselves in a mature, responsible, courteous, respectful, and professional manner. Anything done by a member of the band reflects upon the entire band organization, its leaders, and the school and community. Just as we strive for excellence in our musicianship and performance standards, we must also strive for excellence in our behavior and the manner in which we conduct ourselves.
WHAT GREAT BAND MEMBERS DO
1. THEY RESPECT THEIR FELLOW BAND MEMBERS -Use appropriate and courteous language. -Be sincere, fair, and nice. -Treat the band room and auditorium with care. -Pick up trash in the music area. -Take good care of equipment. -Look out for the private property of others.
2. THEY ARE ON TIME -Early is on time, on time is late, and late is unacceptable,
3. THEY THINK POSITIVELY -Look for creative solutions if you see problems.
4. THEY COOPERATE FULLY WITH THOSE IN A LEADERSHIP POSITION -No talking when anyone is "on the podium" working with an ensemble. -Practice basic rehearsal etiquette: have all materials (instrument, music, pencil) at each class and sit with proper posture. -You are responsible for all information presented in a rehearsal or posted on the white board in the band room. -When in a sectional, your section leader is in charge and is to be treated in the same manner as your directors.
5. THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE WITH THEIR MUSIC, INSTRUMENT, UNIFORM, & BAND LOCKER -Music is kept safely in band folder. -All folders have a pencil to mark pertinent information. -Folders are stored safely in folder cabinets. (Not instrument lockers or cases.) -Instruments are kept safely in designated instrument lockers
GENERAL RULES FOR ALL
1. If you’re not making music, you cannot “hang out” in the music rooms, unless you have permission from a teacher. 2. Practice rooms are for practicing music only. 3. No food or drink in the music area during or after school unless supervised by a teacher. Water is allowed. 4. If you use a rehearsal space, leave it looking better than when you entered it. 5. Keep all personal electronics powered off and out of sight while in rehearsal or they will be confiscated. 6. The band office is off limits to all students unless you knock on the door and are asked to enter.